CrispAds Blog Ads

Google

9/08/2005

First Days of School

Pardon the pauses in posts as I begin the school year. Much to do getting things organized and ready, with other things going on too.

The year has begun very well. I've been pleased with the attitudes I've witnessed in my classroom so far. It is actually quite motivating to not hear any whining from ANYONE!

I will post a quality topic in the near future, but wanted to update this with what I've been doing the past few days.

Mainly I've been getting things settled. Things are always a big question mark until the very beginning of the year. I needed to settle on a schedule, and that took a good hour or more to figure out, and balance with specials, lunch, recess and other things. I also teach two sessions of Math, while my counterpart teaches two sections of Social Studies.

I also am using a new Math series this year for the first time since I've been teaching at the sixth grade level. It does a much better job at meeting the Grade Level Content Expectations given out by the state. So, I've been looking through that, and trying to figure out where these students are at.

There are many others things going on as well, not to mention trying to schedule time to work out in the evenings, and sleep, plus an hour drive to school, and back. The day has little free time anymore, so I'll try to "blog" while I'm going to and from school.

I wish all teachers and students a successful and healthy school year.

6 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Dree said...

Have a great year!

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Busy busy busy! Remember to take time and breathe a little bit just for yourself!

Have a great year ... it sounds like its off to a good start! Post when you can ...

BA~~36

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Enviroman said...

Hi Tachizuno,

Nice blog. Nice vocation. Want an assignment for your students? Have a peep at Enviroman Says

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger I Feel Good said...

Mine is just about to end soon! But have a good year ahead with your new class!

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about getting children to fill in the speech bubble of Enviroman at Enviroman Says

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger MrAdVenture said...

just saying hi!Nice to see someone else with crispads.I like how someone can do two and they never squawk about paying the way other to remain nameless but start with G,did

 

Post a Comment

<< Home