CrispAds Blog Ads

Google

8/24/2005

Teacher's Pets

I've had my share of teacher's pets. Some are very helpful, and others can be more of a nuisance than good. Generally when I need assistance from a student in my room, I "pick a chip" or draw a name almost every time, unless it's something that needs to be done very fast, and then I either ask the first person I get eye contact with, or someone reliable.

I've learned through trial and error that complete randomness is the best way to avoid hurt feelings, and complaining. I do admit that there are certain tasks that come up that I choose someone I trust to do for me, but most of the time I draw a name... I have little chips that I pick.

By going random, I also avoid students teasing others for being a teacher's pet as well. Still, there are those few each year that are always willing to help, always wanting to do something for me. I appreciate it, and they are a great help.

Now... If I were shopping for a pet for my classroom at the store...

1 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Love the cartoon!! There's nothing wrong with teachers having pets any more than there is with parents having a favorite child. It is human nature.

The harm comes in favoring the pet over the rest. If a parent chooses to love and be nice to their favorite child and neglect the less liked child ... that is WRONG! Same with a teacher ... and the random drawing helps to level the playing field so to speak.

You are doing good Tachizuno ... but you know I know that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home