CrispAds Blog Ads

Google

7/15/2005

In respect and gratitude

I had very influential teachers when I went to school. If I didn't have such a positive mindset about my education, I doubt I would have went into the field myself. As a gesture toward all of my past teachers, I share this poem I found:

THANKS FOR…
making the difference
long, long hours
creating a sense of family
being the keeper of dreams
pleasing a lot
using good judgment
teaching for learning
making reading fun
forgiving
being the wind beneath my wings
that sensitive touch
teaching class
never giving up on anybody
believing in miracles
respecting each other
taking responsibility for all students
keeping a tight rein on disciplines
triving for excellence, not perfection
being bravesmiling a lot
never depriving our children of hope
being tough minded but tender hearted
showing enthusiasm even when you don't feel like it
keeping your promises
giving your best
your wisdom and courage
being punctual and insisting on it in others
providing creative solutions
avoiding the negative and seeking out the good
being there when students need you
listening
doing more than is expected
never giving up on what you really want
remaining open, flexible, and curious
being a friend
sharing
keeping several irons in the fire
being a child's hero
going the distance
having a good sense of humor
being a dream maker
giving your heart

1 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Dree said...

Now if only I could get the parents to say stuff like this to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home