CrispAds Blog Ads

Google

1/28/2006

I Teach

I Teach
I teach because there is great fulfillment that comes in
working with boys and girls.
I teach because I wanted to be a sculptor, and I can do so,
by shaping lives for the future.
I teach because I wanted to be an artist, and I can do so,
by painting dreams for children.
I teach because I wanted to be a musician, and I can,
in giving inspiration for children.
I teach because I wanted to be a historian, and I can in having
recorded something for the lives of great men to come.
I teach because I wanted to be a poet, and I can in writing
impressive passages of mankind.
I teach because of the reward I receive when a child's
frowns turns to smiles, or when he/she says, "Now I understand."
I teach because of the personal growth I receive each day as
I venture out on a quest for knowledge and techniques
to help my students understand.
I teach for it is in this where I can see the worthwhile
and true fulfillment of living.
Author: Unknown

2 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

Very cool list and poem. Very meaningful. Great post.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Mesmur said...

Thank you...

I think it was very well stated, and I feel pretty much the same way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home