CrispAds Blog Ads

Google

9/11/2007

Planning Lessons


Keeping up with current state guidelines and expectations, there are many websites out there that have great lesson plans. I continually go through the state expectations and guidelines, and cover the things I need to cover. That doesn't mean that I can't supplement lessons from outside. I use lessons and ideas from the internet all the time.

Are lesson plans collected and examined in your school? Do you need to indicate the benchmark or strand they follow? When do you write out your plans? How far in the future do you plan your lessons?

I usually write them out the Friday before, and get things ready then, if not before. I do plan out weeks beforehand in subjects from time to time, but I usually don't write it down in my lesson planner. I also use a calendar to log ideas or upcoming events. This is where I'll jot down a thought on when to accomplish a goal by. With about four weeks left of school, I'm in a good position to accomplish what I want by the end of the year. We should have attended to all of the State's grade level content and expecations. The end is in sight, and I'm still managing to keep them focused, even with nineteen days left. "We still have work to do!"

I've found some nice sites for lesson plans. There are times throughout the year when I need an idea, or just would like to borrow something. On my sidebar there are quite a few great links for lesson plans. Here are some of the sites that I visit for ideas:

2 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger HappyChyck said...

I don't know what I'd do without the Internet to find teaching ideas! For most of my years, I didn't have anybody to collaborate with because I worked at a small school.

At my current school, we turn in our lesson plans every week, but I don't think they are really reviewed. In my plans I have to include the state standards (sometimes what we're doing covers more than one--like writing), language objective written to HQSI standards, essential question, and materials and assessments. It's quite detailed, and so I refer students to check my plans when they want to know what they missed after an absence.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger matthew61 said...

No we don't need to turn in weekly lesson plans. Thank goodness. I have other friends that do. And it just doesn't seem to be a good use of time. Because it would just cause more paper work for the principal or whoever is suppose to look at them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home